Today Roof Beam Reader posted a list on his blog. It’s in response to another bloggers request to tell what the ten most influential books in his life have been. That wasn’t such a difficult request but the catch was, he had to list the books with no explanation at all. So he posted only the books and authors and then issued a request for other bloggers to do the same.
I am posting my list here and it is difficult to not offer reasons. There is a particular explanation for each one but I will follow the rules.
If it’s just killing you to know why, you can message me.
And I am not listing The Bible here, although it is the most influential book I’ve ever read and it continues to influence me regularly. I just thought the spirit of the question was in regards to mans works, fiction and non-fiction so I have listed these individual books.This is pretty much in chronological order to my experience with each book but not necessarily in order of importance.
1. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
2. Blubber by Judy Blume
3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti
5. No Ordinary Home by Carol Jo Brazo
6. Watership Down by Richard Adams
7. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
8. The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
9. Born Again by Charles Colson
10. A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken
I’m sure I left off something monumental in my life and will remember it two hours after I submit this, but this is a good, off-the-top-of-my-head list for now.
And now, I’d really like to see your list too!