Alright, it’s time to wake this blog up, and there’s no better way to do it than to commit myself to reading a particular list of books, and then tell you what I think of them, right here.
I’ve taken a couple of years off from “challenge reading” and it has been nice, but it’s time to get back in the saddle. And no better book to challenge myself with than MOBY DICK. Am I right??
Ok, here’s the deal. If you’re not into reading or the book blogging community, let me explain what I’m talking about. Reading challenges abound in the INTERNET-O-SPHERE and I’ve chosen one that I think is the smartest and most practical, as it requires me to spend no money. Adam at Roof Beam Reader has issued his annual challenge to read 12 books that you already own and haven’t read or have been on your TBR, (To Be Read) list for over a year. You have 12 months to read the 12 books and record your thoughts on your blog.
Here is the list of what I plan to read from my TBR this year. Some of these books are on my shelf and some are on my Kindle.
1. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
2. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
3. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
4. Calico Joe by John Grisham
5. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
6. The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
7. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
8. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
9. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
10. They Shall See God by Athol Dickson
11. Home Of Our Hearts by Robin Jones Gunn
12. SEAL of God by Chad Williams
This is How I’d Love You by Hazel Woods
One More Wish by Robin Jones Gunn
I HOPE YOU FIND YOURSELF DOING LOTS OF READING IN 2018!!